The Funeral Service Consumer Standards Review Steering Committee has been appointed by its independent chair Lewis Shand Smith.
The Funeral Service Consumer Standards Review (FSCSR) is an independently-chaired project that brings together the skills and knowledge of industry experts and key stakeholders with a view to improving quality, standards and outcomes for funeral service consumers.
The steering group comprises representatives from funeral firms large and small -– and those both in trade association membership and those not -– as well as consumer representatives and other industry stakeholders with an interest in funeral matters.
The Members of the Steering Committee are:
- Lewis Shand Smith (Chair)
- Natalie McKail, HM Inspector of Funeral Directors (Scotland)
- Leon Livermore, Chief Executive of the Chartered Institute for Trading Standards
- James Daley, Chief Executive of Fairer Finance
- Jon Levett, Chief Executive Officer of the National Association of Funeral Directors
- Terry Tennens, Chief Executive Officer of the National Society of Allied and Independent Funeral Directors
- Ed Gallois, Chief Executive Officer of Funeral Guide (Formerly Funeral Zone)
- Poppy Mardall, Director of Poppy’s Funerals
- Paul Allcock, SAIF National Executive Member
- Andrew Judd, Director of Funeral Operations for Dignity plc
- David Collingwood, Director of Funerals for the Co-operative Group
The FSCSR was initiated to assess how standards and quality of service are inspected and reviewed and to develop joint solutions to existing issues, make clear recommendations to Government and produce at an agreed code of practice and approach to how pricing information is made available to the public. The creation of the group was referenced in the Competition and Markets Authority’s final report, recommending a market investigation.