After meeting for a second time, working Group B has made significant progress in its development of recommendations for how funeral businesses could develop their behaviour to increase transparency in the sector.
Working Group B is seeking to identify practical steps that could be taken to improve consumers’ ability to usefully compare services offered by different service providers.
Over the course of the meeting, the group considered relevant consumer research carried out by Dignity plc and Full Circle Funerals. After considering how this research could inform FSCSR work, the group agreed a number of broad proposals to be presented to the FSCSR Steering Committee in December.
The meeting took place at Working Group member Sarah Jones’ business premises in Leeds. We are very grateful to Full Circle Funerals for hosting us.
Chaired by Natalie McKail, membership of the group includes the representatives of both main funeral sector trade associations, representatives from funeral firms large and small, representatives from consumer organisations and experts in regulatory matters:
- Paul Allcock (SAIF Executive member)
- Kim Bird (aboutthefuneral.com)
- Claire Brandon (Quaker Social Action)
- Simon Cox (Dignity plc)
- Jeremy Field (NAFD Executive member)
- Michael Hart (independent funeral director – A Abbott & Sons)
- Sarah Jones (independent funeral director – Full Circle Funerals)
- Jon Levett (NAFD CEO)
- Terry Tennens (SAIF CEO)
- Gordon Swan (Golden Charter)
- James Daley (Fairer Finance)
- Sam Kershaw (corporate funeral director – Funeral Partners)
Interested in getting involved in our work? You can request to join the FSCSR Stakeholder Reference Group by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.